Google Chrome will open PDF files in a Chrome browser window. If you would rather open a PDF in Adobe Reader, you can follow these steps.
- Ensure that Adobe Reader or Pro is installed on the computer.
- In Chrome, go to the “Menu” icon, then choose “Settings“.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Advanced“.
- In the “Privacy and Security” section, select “Site Settings“.
- Scroll down and select “PDF documents“.
- Switch the “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome” to “On“.
PDF files will download in Chrome just like any other file. You can select the downloaded file at the bottom of the window, then choose “Open”, then the file will open in a separate Reader window. Select the “Always open files of this type” option.